Friday, October 29, 2010

"Lover's Redemption" by SPIN

Finally my dignity 
Empowered me to breathe 
And my pride and my ego 
For that moment had to leave 
Dose of karma I received 
I was man enough to freeze 
The crying and complaining 
So I could put my heart at ease 
It got broken, still I reload 
Still it's beating as it bleeds 
Still it's bleeding as it heals 
Still it's healing as time feels 
Like eternities are passing 
And my loneliness appeals 
To girls that ain't worth asking 
For a number or cheap thrills 

It's a never ending process 
And I'm telling you it kills 
The spirit of a warrior / Counting losses poppin' pills 
Of temporary freedom / Manufactured to instill 
Insecurities dependencies / That further make you ill 
Addicted to the pain / One woman after the other 
It was just another game / Part-time lovers that I smothered 
To recover from the same / heart break yesterday 
That caused me heart ache / For tomorrow 
While relieving me the sorrow / Of a soul that's feeling hollow 
Cuz I feared rolling solo / So instead I chose to borrow 
A little bit of time / from these women that I followed 
Down a path of self-destruction / While ignoring the instruction 
Of the elders that protect me 

It took solitude to resurrect me 
And introspection to disinfect me 

Got a giant heart inside me 
That let the exes disconnect me 
Disrespect me while they tempt me 
In ways you can't imagine / Beauty pageants 
Superficially / Led my mission down a tangent 
Choosing affection, losing purpose / I imagine 
It may seem I was innocent / Free from faults but I wasn't, 
Insolent in my ways / Made mistakes and who here hasn't? 
So cut the judgements / cut the back chat 
You don't know how this affects me 
The thought of my own father still upsets me 
Trusted the wrong woman Goddess help me 

    And
            Then
                     .......

Redemption showed me indirectly 
That the universe had sent me: A golden opportunity 
With the betrayal I endured 
Cuz I ASCENDED from the pain 
With a clean heart and I am sure 
That being a good man has been my only cure 
I am faithful and devoted / and determined to secure 
A family that's healthy / and a lover that is pure 
Content with my own company / until the moment I am sure 
That the woman I embrace / is able to endure
And the love that we have found will for ever be secure!